Monday, March 9, 2015

Mira!

 Image result for hulu latinoImage result for dramafever



I'm always in a good mood when I find new sources for viewing TV shows or movies in Spanish.  I have two more to report.

One is called DramaFever.com.  It's a website that offers many current telenovelas and the best part?  It's free.  Yes, they would love it if you sign up for their Premium version, but for now I'm pretty satisfied with the free stuff.  I'm watching (or rather listening to) a miniseries called Montecristo right now. Another plus (or perhaps a minus if you don't want the feature) is that there are English subtitles.  I used to think this was cheating, but I've decided that just listening to Spanish spoken at a normal rate and thus grasping only a few words here and there is not really that helpful.  That comes when you've gotten more fluent.  A good alternative is to watch first while reading the subtitles, then cover them up and re-watch the scene.  Oh, one more slight annoyance is that the program is interrupted about every ten minutes with a commercial--en Inglés, por desgracia.  But we can't have everything, now can we?

The other site worth mentioning is Hulu.com/latino.  Yes, this is the Spanish version of the popular movie/tv site Hulu.  I just took a quick luck, but it looks worth investigating.  There's a large selection of movies and quite a few of those steamy, ubiquitous telenovelas, spiced up with sexy chicas and shirtless chicosAy caramba! 

No comments:

Post a Comment