Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Wider Lenses: International Myopia




I got a message from one of my pen-pals from Spain that his city (Zaragoza) is experiencing major flooding and that it has been a horrendous winter there.  He sent me photos of some of the streets in the city and joked that they were pics of Venice :). 


Image result for flooding in zaragoza
Got this from Google Images.  Pretty sure this is Zaragoza, but if not, you still get the idea
I mention this because it reminds me how most of us are oblivious of most major world events.  We hear about the wars and coups and assassinations, and maybe something extremely dramatic like a volcano eruption, but all over the world, every day, important things are happening. 

`Of course the world is much too populated and complex nowadays for any of us to keep abreast of what's happening everywhere.  But still, I think it would be a good thing if television and radio stations offered more world news in general.

Here's a link that will take you to a site that lists several venues for getting The Bigger Picture.  I'm hoping that I'll make a real effort to visit some of these news sources more frequently.  The saying goes that it's a small world, but it seems pretty big to me.

List of World News Sites

Hasta luego...

No comments:

Post a Comment